Pathfinder Adventure Path:
Pathfinder is Paizo Publishing's 96-page, perfect-bound, full-color softcover Adventure Path book printed on high-quality paper that releases in a monthly volume. Each volume is brought to you by the same staff which brought you Dragon and Dungeon magazines for over five years. It contains an in-depth Adventure Path scenario, stats for about a half-dozen new monsters, and several support articles meant to give Game Masters additional material to expand their campaign. Because Pathfinder uses the Open Game License, it is 100% compatible with the world's most popular fantasy roleplaying game.
1 of 6 Shadow in the Sky
by Greg A. Vaughan
The elves of the Mierani Forest have been hiding something from outside eyes for hundreds of years, but now, this sinister secret has escaped. What at first seems to be a sudden uprising in unsanctioned banditry in the Riddleport hinterlands is in fact something altogether more menacing—the dark elves have come to Varisia. Yet the threat presented by the drow from below may be nothing compared to a new threat from the skies above. Can a new group of heroes save the world from the Second Darkness?
This volume of Pathfinder kicks off the third Pathfinder Adventure Path campaign—Second Darkness—and presents a detailed gazetteer of the intrigue-filled streets of Riddleport, details the Gold Goblin Gaming Hall and several of Riddleport's most popular games of chance, and presents a half dozen new monsters native to the Riddleport region. It also contains a bonus adventure that presents a typical Riddleport thieves' guild.
For characters of 1st to 3rd level.
2 of 6 Children of the Void
by Mike McArtor
The Sky is Falling!
A star has fallen and the rush is on! While the crimelords of Riddleport race to be the first to claim the mysterious meteorite, dark works are afoot at the crash site on Devil’s Elbow. Things not of this world claw their way forth from skymetal prisons, hungry for new prey and ready to spread their alien seed across an unsuspecting world. Can the PCs put an end to a terror that comes from beyond the night sky and the diabolical magic that summoned it forth?
This volume of Pathfinder includes:
- “Children of the Void,” an adventure for 4th-level characters, by Mike McArtor
- An extraterrestrial exploration of the worlds and strange creatures inhabiting Golarion’s solar system, by James L. Sutter
- Details on Cayden Cailean, the once-mortal god of bravery, freedom, and wine, by Sean K Reynolds
- Eando Kline learns a deadly lesson about survival in the wilds of the Darklands, an entry into the Pathfinder’s Journal, by Amber Scott
- Five new monsters by Ashavan Doyon, Mike McArtor, Rob McCreary, and Erik Mona
3 of 6 The Armageddon Echo
by Jason Bulmahn
The End is Nigh!
The city of Celwynvian hides a terrible sin. For countless centuries the elves of the Mierani Forest have barred outsiders from the fabled City of Emerald Rains, in a desperate attempt to contain an ancient shame. But as a new power rises in the depths, the elves’ secret threatens not only to escape, but to rain down devastation upon the entire world. In desperation, elven eyes fall to a band of outsiders for aid. Tread the forsaken ground of Celwynvian, once one of the greatest capitals of elven culture, now a graveyard haunted by the spirits of the past, foul dragons, demons, and worse. Discover the darkest secret of the Mierani Forest and the truth of the cataclysm known as Earthfall. And dare to shed the bonds of eternity and pay witness to an apocalypse that has borne out a thousand times and threatens to devastate Golarion once more!
This volume of Pathfinder includes:
- "The Armageddon Echo," an adventure for 7th-level characters, by Jason Bulmahn
- The drow of Golarion exposed! Revelations on the most fabled and feared race to haunt the Darklands’ abyssal depths, by Jeff Grubb
- An exploration of Celwynvian, the abandoned City of Emerald Rains, a vast elven ruin that refuses to sleep peacefully, by Amber Scott
- Eando Kline discovers that even familiar faces are not always welcome in the Darklands—an entry into the Pathfinder’s Journal by Greg A. Vaughan
- Four new monsters by Jason Bulmahn, Hal Maclean, and Rob McCreary
4 of 6 Endless Night
by F. Wesley Schneider
The Underworld Awaits!
Far below the world of light, a cavity of unspeakable evil spreads an ancient hatred through the darkness. From their city of Zirnakaynin the dark elves rule an empire of lies and dark magic. Already their foul ambitions grasp for the world above, threatening a cataclysm beyond reckoning and the advent of a second Age of Darkness. Only by taking on the disguises of dark elves themselves and invading the capital of the drow can the PCs discover their enemies’ true faces and put an end to their world-shattering plot. But what hope for survival can natives of the surface have in a merciless realm of endless night?
This volume of Pathfinder includes:
- “Endless Night,” an adventure for 9th-level characters, by F. Wesley Schneider
- An exploration of Zirnakaynin, the sunless city of the drow, with revelations on its cruel residents and ruthless rulers, by F. Wesley Schneider
- Secrets of the perverse drow art of fleshwarping and the terrifying abominations born of this mad science, by J.D. Wiker and Darrin Drader
- Eando Kline reawakens an evil that could jeopardize all of Golarion in the Pathfinder’s Journal, by Jay Thompson
- Five new monsters by Jonathan Drain and F. Wesley Schneider
5 of 6 A Memory of Darkness
by J.D. Wiker
Armed with the knowledge that an elven traitor supplied the drow with the magical means to call down the stars and devastate Golarion, the PCs arrive at the elven nation of Kyonin to find their claims falling on deaf ears. Courtly intrigue leads to a confrontation with a mysterious elven order called the Winter Council, deep in the demon-haunted shadows of the legendary forest known as the Tanglebriar. Yet one final tragic and horrific secret awaits them as they discover the true source of the dark elves' curse.
This volume of Pathfinder also features an exploration of the faith of Calistria (goddess of lust, revenge, and trickery), a gazetteer of the elven nation of Kyonin and demon-haunted Tanglebriar, a bonus adventure detailing the lair of a powerful demon, and several new monsters that lurk in this dangerous realm.
For characters of 12th to 14th level.
6 of 6 Descent into Midnight
by Brian Cortijo
The Second Darkness Adventure Path comes to its explosive conclusion as the heroes travel into a forgotten world hidden deep underground—the Land of Black Blood. There, they must contend with the region's monstrous guardians and defeat the drow who would use ancient magic to call down a star from the sky to destroy their enemies on the world above.
This volume of Pathfinder also includes a gazetteer of the deadly Land of Black Blood, an exploration of the demon lords of Golarion, a bonus adventure set in the deepest reaches of the underground world, and several new monsters from these dark depths.
For characters of 14th to 16th level.
Second Darkness - FREE
Dark Days in Riddleport
The city of Riddleport is no place for the naive. Founded by pirates and ruled by criminals, Varisia’s most lawless city chews up the weak and foolhardy. In other words, it’s a perfect home for adventurers! Take the first step into Riddleport, the starting city for Pathfinder’s Second Darkness Adventure Path. The information contained herein gives players the edge they need to face this deadly quest, with new rules, details on making campaign-specific characters, and background information no adventurer should be without. Even if you aren’t playing the Second Darkness Adventure Path, this booklet is filled with all-new spells, magic items, and character options perfect for any game.
Inside this Pathfinder Companion, you’ll find:
- Details and roles for every character race and class, specifically tied to Pathfinder’s Second Darkness Adventure Path but usable in any campaign!
- A gazetteer of the city of Riddleport, including everything you need to know about its government, prominent locations, important characters, Riddleport slang, and more!
- A new system for generating Character Traits, special features that instantly tie characters into a campaign and grant extra benefits to aid in adventures to come!
- New spells, new magic items, new feats, and a new prestige class!
- Full-color maps of Varisia and Riddleport, the City of Cyphers!
Pathfinder Companion is an invaluable resource for players and Game Masters. Each 32-page bimonthly installment explores a major theme in the Pathfinder Chronicles campaign setting, with expanded regional gazetteers, new player character options, and organizational overviews to help players flesh out their character backgrounds and to provide players and Game Masters with new sources for campaign intrigue.
By James Jacobs, F. Wesley Schneider, Amber E. Scott, and Greg A. Vaughan
Second Darkness Map Folio - FREE in shrink
Master the dungeons and dangerous locales of the Second Darkness Adventure Path with this handsome collection of maps designed for use with the popular Pathfinder series! Explore the treacherous dark elf city of Zirakaynin in style with a huge poster map. Fifteen additional single-page full-color maps cover key encounter locations or wilderness areas from the campaign, adding visual flair for players and making the Game Master's life a lot easier.
Second Darkness Map Folio contains reprinted maps of all the key locations explored in Pathfinder’s third Adventure Path. Even if you aren’t running Second Darkness, the maps inside can serve as locations for any RPG campaign.
Cartography by Rob Lazzaretti